- 1 T oil
- 2 t Maldon salt
- 250 g lightly smoked rainbow trout
- 30 g baby herb leaves
- 100 g cherries, torn
- 120 g buffalo mozzarella, torn
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the gingered honey sauce:
- 1 T ginger, finely grated
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 lemon, juiced
Heat a nonstick pan over a medium to high heat, then pour in the oil and salt. After about a minute, wipe out the pan using kitchen paper.
Sear the trout in the pan, skin side down, for a few minutes.
Mix the ingredients for the gingered honey sauce.
To assemble, dress the leaves and fish with the gingered honey sauce. Serve with the cherries and mozzarella and season to taste.