- 10 rainbow baby beetroot, washed and thinly sliced
- 15 rainbow baby carrots, washed and shaved
- 10 radishes, washed and thinly sliced
- 4–6 sticks celery, washed and shaved
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 balls fior di latte mozzarella, torn
- tahini, for drizzling
- 100 g salted peanuts, roasted and chopped
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- 1 lemon, juiced
- olive oil, for drizzling
- For the carrot top pesto, blend:
- 8 carrot tops, washed
- 20 g Italian parsley, washed
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic
- sea salt, to taste
- ½ cup canola oil
Toss the vegetables and season to taste.
Top with the mozzarella, tahini, peanuts and sesame seeds. Drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice. Serve with the carrot top pesto.
Cook’s note: Fold 2 T pesto and a squeeze of lemon into 4 T tahini to make a dressing.