- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 T butter
- 1 t extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
- 4 rashers bacon, chopped
- 1 cup double cream
- 50 g Gorgonzola
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 x 250 g mature free-range sirloin steaks
- For the avocado salad:
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Lemon juice, a squeeze
- 1 - 2 ripe avocados, halved
Fry the garlic in the butter and oil, then add the bacon and cook until golden brown.
Add the cream and bring to the boil, then add the crumbled Gorgonzola and melt. Season with pepper and reduce slightly.
Rub the steak with oil and season with pepper. Heat a pan until smoking hot, then cook the steaks to your preference.
Drizzle with the Gorgonzola-and-bacon sauce and serve with the avocado salad.
To make the avocado salad, mix the chilli, oil and lemon juice and pour over the avocado.