- 1 cob sweetcorn
- 3 Hass avocados, halved and stoned
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 T fresh ginger, grated
- 2 x 40 g packs watercress
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 100 g cashew nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
1. Place the corn over medium coals and cook for 10 minutes, or until lightly charred on all sides. Using a sharp knife, slice the kernels off the cob.
2. Brush the avocado flesh with 1 T olive oil, then place on the braai cut side down and braai for 3 minutes until lightly charred.
3. Mix the remaining olive oil, lime juice and ginger, then season to taste.
4. Place the watercress on a serving platter, then scoop out the avocado flesh and place on top. Scatter over the corn, then drizzle over the dressing. Top with the chopped cashew nuts.
Cook's note: Creamy avocado with sweet corn and punchy ginger is salad perfection.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana