- 1 x 125 g punnet wafer thin smoked chicken
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery with leaves, finely chopped
- 2 T sunflower oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g Mediterranean potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup thick mayonnaise
- Flour, for dusting
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Rocket leaves, for serving
Finely chop the chicken and set aside. Over a medium heat, gently soften the onion and celery in the sunflower oil, adding a little more oil if necessary. Stir in the garlic and season lightly.
Meanwhile, boil and drain the potatoes. Mash, then add the celery and onion mixture and mash a second time. Mix with the chicken and allow to cool. Add the mayonnaise and season to taste.
Shape into nine medium-sized patties, dust with flour and fry in hot oil until golden.
Serve with lemon wedges and fresh rocket.