- Woolworths smoked giant beef ribs with Texan-style BBQ sauce
- For the beer-battered onion rings:
- 2 onions
- 500 ml buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 480 g flour
- Salt, to taste
- 1 x 340 ml bottle of beer
- For the jalapeño pickle, mix:
- 200 g Woolworths halved jalapeño chillies
- 6 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 4 T red onion pickle
- 4 T coriander, roughly chopped
Reheat the giant beef ribs according to package instructions, basting with the BBQ sauce. Serve with the beer-battered onion rings and jalapeño pickle.
To make the beer battered onion rings, peel and trim the onions and halve horizontally. Separate the onions into rings, taking care not to break them. Submerge in the buttermilk and soak for 2 hours.
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Mix 240 g flour with the salt and place in a bowl. Whisk together the remaining flour and beer to make a smooth batter. Coat each onion ring in the flour mixture, then dip into the batter and deep-fry until golden brown and crispy. Drain on kitchen paper. Sprinkle with salt before serving.
To make the red onion pickle, follow the smoked pork ribs with guacamole, red onion and vegetable pickles recipe.