- 8 free-range eggs
- 6 beetroot, peeled and boiled (alternatively use Woolworths readycooked beetroot)
- 200 g butter
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 x 190 g Woolworths kippers with vegetable oil cans
- Baby salad leaves or beetroot leaves, for serving
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the eggs in a small saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to a boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes, then drain and carefully peel.
Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat, add the lemon juice, zest and garlic and simmer for 2–3 minutes, then remove from heat.
Toss the kippers in the butter and serve with the beetroot, salad leaves and eggs.