- Woolworths smoked pork ribs with Texan-style BBQ sauce
- For the guacamole:
- 4 avocados
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- For the red onion pickle:
- 2 red onions
- 50 g sugar
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- For the vegetable pickle:
- 6 mini cucumbers, sliced lengthways
- 6 T red onion pickle
- 1 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
- 125 g pickled jalapeño chillies
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
Braai, grill or oven-bake the pork ribs according to package instructions and baste with some of the BBQ sauce. Serve with the remaining BBQ sauce, guacamole, red onion and mixed vegetable pickles.
To make the guacamole, halve the avocados, scoop the flesh into a bowl, add the lemon juice and season to taste. Mash lightly.
To make the red onion pickle, peel the onions and halve lengthways. Separate the petals, then cut each petal into strips. Mix the sugar and red wine vinegar, add the onion and steep, stirring every 2 hours or so, until the red onions turn bright pink.
To make the mixed vegetable pickle, combine all the ingredients and allow to pickle for 30 minutes.