- 300 g smoked salmon trout
- 1 x 250 g tub cream cheese
- 6 pickled gherkins, chopped
- 4 T red-wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 fresh muesli loaf
- 1 bulb fennel or 3 stalks celery, shaved,
- for serving
Crumble the salmon into a bowl, add the cream cheese and gherkin and mix to combine.
Line a rectangular serving dish with brown paper and fill with the salmon mixture. Chill.
In a separate jar, combine the red-wine vinegar, shallot and garlic.
Serve alongside the terrine, with chunky slices of fresh muesli loaf.
Garnish with fennel or leek shavings.
Cook’s note: Instead of brown paper, line the terrine mould with strips of blanched leek for a creative touch when presenting this dish.