- 1 kg whole trout
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 limes, thinly sliced
- 4 parsley bunches
- For the charred toast:
- 1 ciabatta, thickly sliced
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 garlic cloves
- For the exotic tomato salad, mix:
- 350 g Woolworths exotic tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 2 limes, juiced
Season the inside of the trout. Stuff the cavity with the lemons, limes and parsley.
Truss the trout using butcher’s twine, then grill over medium coals for 15 minutes on each side.
To make the charred toast, drizzle the ciabatta with olive oil, then toast over medium coals for 2 minutes on each side, or until slightly charred and toasted. Rub one side of each slice with a garlic clove as you remove it from the braai.
Serve the trout on the garlicky, charred toast with the exotic tomato salad on the side.