- 4 large leeks (or 8 baby leeks), sliced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 50 g butter (plus extra for cooking)
- 3/4 cup cream (plus 2T)
- 3 free-range eggs
- olive oil, a drizzle
- Woolworths hot-smoked trout with dill and pepper, to serve
- avocado, to serve
- Parmesan, to serve
1. To make the leeks, caramelise the sliced leeks and garlic in the butter. Add the cream, season and simmer to reduce.
2. Separate the eggs. Mix the extra 2 T cream with the egg yolks and beat to combine. Whisk the egg whites until stir peaks form, then carefully fold into the egg yolks.
3. Pour into to a non-stick pan with 2 T melted butter and drizzle of oil, and cook for 3 minutes until puffy. (You may need to cook with the lid on or place your ovenproof pan under the grill until the top of the omelette is golden.) Serve immediately, topped with the creamy leeks, Woolworths hot-smoked trout with dill and pepper, avocado and Parmesan.