- 2 cups - Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 1 teaspoon - Bicarbonate Soda
- 3 tablespoons - White Castor Sugar
- 2 - Woolworths Large Free Range Eggs
- 1 cup - Fresh Milk
- 2 cups - Spring Water
- 1 teaspoon - Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon - Fresh Nutmeg Powder
- 1 teaspoon - Vanilla essence (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Woolworths Butter with Fresh cream (optional)
Dosa Batter Preparation:
Sift flour together with all the dry ingredients.
In a separate bowl beat eggs, milk, and water together well.
Mix dry ingredients into the egg and milk mixture a little at a time.
Mix gently together until all ingredients are fully incorporated into a thin and runny batter-like consistency.
Be careful not to over mix the batter.
Cover the batter bowl tightly with cling wrap and leave aside to rest at room temperature for approximately 1-2 hours.
Using a large ladle, spoon batter unto a medium to hot dosa or crepe pan.
Using your wrist, turn and manoeuvre the dosa pan firmly to get batter evenly distributed into a round dosa/crepe shape.
Cook dosas on both sides thoroughly, Cooking time for each dosa is about 3-4 minutes.
Serve hot with butter and a variety of Indian vegetable curries and pickles.
Dosas go particularly well with potato and pumpkin squash curried vegetables.