- 6 radishes
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 limes, halved
- 3 fresh gherkin cucumbers, halved lengthways
- 300 g fresh strawberries, halved
- ½ ripe papaya, peeled, deseeded and sliced into 4
- 1 litre cranberry juice
- soda water, for serving
- 4 celery sticks, rinsed and trimmed
- 4 asparagus spears, rinsed
Using a sharp mandolin, shred the radishes then toss with the caster sugar. Squeeze the lime juice onto the rim of a pitcher and line with the sugared radish to create a frosted effect.
Fill the pitcher until three quarters full with the cucumber, strawberry, papaya, lime and cranberry juice, and top up with soda water. Using a vegetable peeler, shave long ribbons of celery and asparagus, and use to decorate the pitcher.
Cook’s tip: For special occasions, use Champagne or sparkling wine instead of soda water.
Per serving: 1172.9 kJ, 3.2 g protein, 0.6 g fat, 71.1 g carbs