- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1½ t fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 2 t Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder
- 250 g dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 x 400 g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 l vegetable stock
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 x 400 g can coconut cream
- salt, freshly ground black pepper and sugar to taste
ADVERTISING PROMOTION with Rajah
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot and fry the onion and carrot together until soft.
2. Add the garlic and ginger with the Rajah Mild & Spicy curry powder and fry for 1 minute, stirring constantly to release the flavour and aroma.
3. Add the lentils, tinned tomatoes, vegetable stock and coriander and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 35 – 40 minutes or until the lentils are tender.
5. Stir in the coconut cream and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
6. Adjust the seasoning using a little salt and freshly cracked black pepper as well as a little bit of sugar if necessary.
7. Serve with chunks of steamed bread. This soup is perfect to use the next day for lunch.