- 2–3 large cucumbers, rinsed and dried
- For the spicy guacamole filling:
- 1 x 200 g tub Woolworths guacamole
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ¼ red pepper, very finely diced
- ½ jalapeño, finely chopped
- 1 T parsley, finely chopped
- For the prawn topping:
- 3 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T butter
- 1 kg Woolworths frozen medium prawns, thawed
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 T tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 t dried chipotle pepper, chopped (or 1 fresh)
- ½ lime, zested
- 1 t white wine vinegar
- 3–4 t honey
- 2 T coriander, chopped
- Woolworths mixed baby leaf salad, for serving
- pomegranate rubies, to garnish
Cut the cucumbers into 2 cm-thick slices, and scoop out some of the flesh using a teaspoon or melon baller to create a cup-like shape in the middle.
Mix the guacamole ingredients with the cucumber flesh, but do not include the seeds. Place in an airtight container and set aside.
To make the prawn topping, heat the oil and butter in a large saucepan. Sauté the prawns in batches, seasoning with salt and pepper, for 2–3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Add the tomato paste and garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the chipotle, lime zest and vinegar. Cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the honey. Add the prawns and coriander and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
To serve, scatter the mixed baby leaves onto a platter and top with the cucumber cups.
Fill each cup with the guacamole and prawns and scatter with pomegranate rubies.