- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- a good pinch sea salt
- 3 x 170 g cans Woolworths light meat shredded tuna in brine
- 1–2 T tomato sauce
- 3 T Woolworths tangy mayonnaise
- Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 1 T capers
- 2 Woolworths seeded rustica baguettes, halved
- 1 x 290 g Woolworths crunchy summer salad
- Woolworths sweet-and-sour sliced gherkins, for serving
- ripe avocado, sliced, for serving
- Woolworths Farmer’s salted crisps, for serving
1. Squeeze the juice of half the lemon into a small bowl, add the sliced onion and salt and massage the onions for a few seconds. Set aside to pickle.
2. Drain the tuna and place in a large bowl. Add the tomato sauce, mayonnaise, remaining lemon juice, another pinch of salt and combine. Add a few shakes of Tabasco if you like, as well as the capers and quick-pickled onions.
3. Divide the tuna mixture between 2 halves of the rustica loaf. Top one of the remaining halves with the crunchy salad, and the other half with avocado and gherkins.
4. Serve with Woolworths Farmer’s salted chips.