- For the dip:
- 4 Hass avocados, peeled and stoned
- 4 lemons, juiced
- a handful baby spinach, washed
- 1⁄2 cup double-thick plain yoghurt
- 3 T Woolworths basil pesto
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Ingredients aren't specified.
- oil, for frying
- 120 g flour
- 2 T Woolworths Cajun seasoning
- 100 g baby marrow ribbons
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
1. Place all the dip ingredients into a food processor and blend until just smooth. Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or pan. Combine the flour and Cajun seasoning and toss the baby marrow ribbons in the seasoned flour. Shake off the excess flour and dip the baby marrow into the beaten egg, then into the seasoned flour once more.
3. Check the temperature of the oil by dropping a small piece of the baby marrow into the oil. If it bubbles like crazy and stays afloat, the oil is ready. Drop the baby marrow ribbons into the oil and gently separate using tongs or a slotted spoon. Once they’re golden and crisp, remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
4. Smear the dip onto a plate and top with the baby marrow.