- 2 T olive oil
- 1 x 200 g pack Woolworths back bacon
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 t paprika
- 1 chilli, diced
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups Swiss chard, shredded
- Radish, sliced, to garnish
- To make the dressing:
- 1 T fresh coriander, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thick plain yoghurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the Woolworths back bacon until crispy, then set aside.
Fry the garlic in the same pan for 10 seconds, then add paprika and diced chilli and toast for 30 seconds over a low heat.
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas.
Divide the shredded Swiss chard between the 4 bowls and top with the chickpeas and bacon. Garnish with sliced radish.
To make the dressing, blend the chopped coriander with the thick plain yoghurt, the lemon juice and season to taste. Spoon over the salad.
Cook’s note: Substitute baby spinach for the Swiss chard if you like.