- 400 g free-range sirloin steak
- Sunflower oil, for rubbing
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 150 g radishes, thinly sliced
- 200 g fennel, thinly sliced
- 50 g Mediterranean cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 T olive oil
- 3 T red wine vinegar
- 140 g figs, torn
Rub the sirloin with oil, salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan until extremely hot and sear the rump for 2 minutes on each side. Set aside to rest.
Toss the radishes, fennel and cucumber in the olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
To serve, scatter the salad on a plate, top with the thinly sliced steak and figs. Serve immediately.
Cook's note: Woolies’ free-range steak is matured for a minimum of 35 days to guarantee tenderness and flavour and our free-range beef is never given growth hormones or routine antibiotics – Truitjie van Rooyen, product developer.