- Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and finely shredded
- Fine salt
- 6 quail\'s eggs
- 1 red apple, cut into sticks
- Vegetable sprouts, to garnish
- For the steak tartare, mix:
- 600 g beef fillet, trimmed and finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped, or onions, grated
- 2 gherkins, finely chopped
- 3 T finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 3 T finely chopped capers, drained
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large saucepan over a high heat, heat the vegetable oil. Deep-fry the shredded potato in the hot oil until crisp and golden.
Drain on paper towel and season with fine salt. Mould the tartare into a circular shape on a plate. Separate a quail’s egg, discarding the white but keeping the yolk in the half shell.
Place on top of the tartare and surround with shoestring potatoes. Garnish with apple sticks and sprouts and serve immediately.