- 4 small soles, skinned and trimmed, or 2 large soles, halved
- 2 - 3 bulbs fresh lemongrass
- 2 T Thai stir-fry oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 400 g can coconut cream
- 2 T fish sauce
- 2 t brown sugar
- 1 punnet ready-to-steam mix edamame soy beans, mangetout, fine beans and broccoli (sachet of sauce dis
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- fresh coriander leaves, for sprinkling
- steamed jasmine rice, for serving
Wash the soles and set aside.
To make the sauce: Smash the lemongrass and unfurl the tough outer leaves (reserve for flavouring the rice). Finely chop the tender inner core. Using the Thai stir-fry oil, stir-fry the lemongrass, spring onion, chilli and garlic until fragrant. Stir in the coconut cream and bring to a simmer. Add the fish sauce and sugar, then simmer for a few minutes, until slightly reduced.
To assemble: Add the sole to the ready-to- steam vegetables, cover tightly, reduce the heat to a minimum, and leave to steam for about 5 minutes, until just cooked. Stir in the lime juice and a handful of coriander leaves. Check to see that the sweet-sour balance is correct and adjust if necessary. Add more fish sauce if required. Serve with plenty of hot jasmine rice.
Per serving: 2184.6kJ, 22.6g protein, 28.4g fat, 44.1g carbs.