- 3 T canola oil
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 x 5 cm piece ginger, peeled and shaved
- 1–2 green chillies, chopped
- ½ cup soya sauce
- 2 sticks Woolworths chicken stock concentrate
- 1 cup water
- 2 oranges, halved
- 2 x 600 g packs Woolworths free-range chicken wings
- fresh mint, for serving
1. Fry the garlic in the canola oil until crispy in a large pan. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper. Do the same with the ginger.
2. Return half the garlic and ginger to the pan and add the chilli. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Turn out the chicken wings onto a baking tray with all of the liquid and bake for a further 20 minutes at 200°C until sticky and caramelised. Serve with fresh mint and the reserved crispy garlic and ginger.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Claire-ellen Van Rooyen and Kate Ferreira