- For the marinade, mix:
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 T brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup naartjie or clementine juice
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 t ground ginger
- 1⁄2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 T soya sauce
- (about 1 kg) free-range lamb ribbetjies 18
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- baked sweet potatoes, for serving
- slaw, for serving
1. Marinate the ribbetjies overnight or all day. Arrange in a single layer on a rack in a roasting pan lined with baking paper.
2. Pour over the marinade. Bake at 170°C for 1 hour.
3. Tip the ribs into the pan and remove the rack. Turn the ribs around in the pan, then bake for a further 15 minutes or longer until very tender, well browned and sticky. Season to taste. Serve with baked sweet potatoes and slaw.