- 2 T garlic, crushed
- 1 T fresh ginger, minced
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 T chilli flakes (optional)
- ½ cup soya sauce
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup honey
- 800 g Woolworths mini skinless chicken breast fillets, halved
- steamed rice or two-minute noodles, for serving
- For the broccoli:
- 2–3 T olive oil
- 400 g broccoli florets or Tenderstem broccoli
- butter, for serving
1. Mix all the ingredients except for the chicken in a bowl, then add the chicken.
2. Divide equally between two freezer bags and freeze until needed. Take a packet out the afternoon of a-don’t-really-feel-like-cooking day and allow to defrost.
3. Stir-fry the chicken in a wok or a large pan with a bit of olive oil and allow the excess sauce to reduce until it is a nice sticky consistency. Don’t overcook the chicken! At the
last minute add the lightly steamed broccoli or smoked florets and serve with steamed rice or two-minute noodles.
4. To make the broccoli, place the olive oil in a heavy-based pan, cover and place over a high heat until the oil starts to smoke. This should take no more than 2 minutes. Then, moving quickly, put the broccoli florets into the pan and quickly jiggle it around for a minute or so over the high heat (remember the oven gloves!) so that bits of broccoli are charred but not decimated. Then plop a knob or two of butter into the pan, cover and steam for another minute or so.
Cook's note: “I freeze sticky honey-and-soya chicken for semi-prepared family meals”