- 2 x 750 g barbecue pork spare ribs
- For the salsa
- 4 cobs sweet corn, boiled
- 1 small pawpaw, halved and pips removed
- 2 avocados, halved and stones removed
- 1 x 400 g punnet Bella tomatoes
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped coriander
- 1 chilli, chopped
- 1 T olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fire up the barbie or preheat the oven to 200°C.
Place the spare ribs in an ovenproof dish and baste with the remaining marinade from the packs.
Roast for 35 minutes, or until cooked through and sticky. Serve with the salsa.
To make the salsa: Carefully run the blade of a sharp knife down the side of each corncob to remove the kernels.
Chop the flesh of the pawpaw and scoop out the avocado flesh, then add, with the tomatoes and butter beans, to a large bowl containing the corn kernels.
Blend the coriander, chilli, lemon juice and olive oil, and mix into the salsa until combined. Season to taste.
Per serving: 4998.5 kJ, 76.1 g protein, 78.2 g fat, 64 g carbs
Remove the fibrous outer leaves and silken threads of the corncob to reveal the sweet golden nuggets within.