- 400 g slim asparagus, trimmed
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and milled black pepper
- 250 g cooked fresh angel-hair pasta, well drained
- 4 cups good-quality vegetable broth
- 1 free-range egg
- Grated Italian Parmesan for sprinkling
Sear the asparagus in as little hot olive oil as possible until tender but crisp, and season.
Heat the pasta in the broth. Remove the pasta and place in one large bowl or three to four individual pasta bowls.
Top with asparagus. Whisk the egg with the lemon juice, then into the hot broth.
Ladle over the pasta and asparagus.
Serve with Parmesan.