- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 heads Woolworths Crunchita lettuce, sliced down the middle
- 10 cm piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 t Woolworths Asian coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 1∕3 cup soya sauce
1. Heat the sesame oil in a wok over a high heat, then fry the lettuce, ginger and garlic until they start to caramelise slightly.
2. Add the palm sugar and deglaze the wok using the rice vinegar and soya sauce. Cook for a further 5 minutes.
Cook’s note: Any leftover lettuce and any Asian-style ingredient can be added to the frying process of this recipe. Serve with Woolworths’ crispy onion sprinkle.