- 1 kg Woolworths Eureka Mills roosterkoek mix
- Woolworths double-thick cream, for serving
- For the filling:
- 100 g brown sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t ground nutmeg
- 55 g unsalted butter, softened
- 50 g Woolworths salted caramel, chopped (optional)
- 50 g Woolworths Turkish delight, chopped
- 50 g Woolworths hazelnut truffles or mixed nuts, chopped
- For the icing:
- 125 g icing sugar, sifted
- 3 T lemon juice
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare the roosterkoek mixture according to package instructions using an electric mixer with the dough hook attachment until a stiff dough has formed. Transfer to an oiled bowl and rest for 15 minutes.
2. To make the filling, combine the sugar, spices and softened butter. Set aside at room temperature until ready to use.
3. Pinch off equal sized balls of dough and roll into cylinders. Make an incision into the middle of each cylinder and fill with the spiced butter, salted caramel, Turkish delight and truffles or nuts. Pinch closed to secure. Wrap around metal or water soaked wooden skewers and sprinkle with extra brown sugar.
4. Bake for 40–50 minutes or until golden brown.
5. To make the icing, whisk together the icing sugar and lemon juice until a runny icing is formed.
6. Once the stokbrood is ready, brush with extra butter, drizzle with the icing and serve with Woolworths double-thick cream.