- For the buckwheat blinis:
- 1 cup full-cream milk
- 2 free-range eggs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/3 cup cake flour
- 3 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Pinch salt
- For the strawberry salsa, mix together:
- 250 g strawberries, hulled and chopped
- For serving:
- Crème fraîche
- Strawberry-infused honey
To make the blinis: Heat the milk to lukewarm. Blend with the eggs, sugar, flours, yeast and butter. Cover and leave to stand for about 20 minutes.
Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture onto a buttered, non-stick frying pan and cook on both sides melted over a medium heat until browned.
To serve: Top each blini with crème fraîche and strawberry salsa. Drench with strawberry-infused honey.