- For the stuffing:
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into small chunks
- 4 T butter
- 200 g leeks, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 250 g portabellini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 500 g Woolworths pork bangers, meat removed from casing
- 1 T Woolworths truffle oil
- 4.5 kg Woolworths dry-aged beef sirloin on the bone
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. To make the stuffing, place the bread into a food processor and process until fine.
2. Melt the butter in a large pan, then sauté the leeks, mushrooms and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft and golden brown. Mix with the breadcrumbs, sausage meat and truffle oil.
3. Preheat the oven to 150°C. Using a sharp knife, make an incision between the fat and meat of the sirloin. Starting from the top of the meat, carefully slice down the side, leaving 2 cm still attached to the base.
4. Push the stuffing into the incision and secure using kitchen string. Place on a large baking tray and season.
5. Roast the meat for 1 1⁄2 hours. Increase the oven’s temperature to 180°C and roast for a further 30 minutes until golden brown. Cover the meat with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before serving.