- 6 rice-paper rounds (about 22 cm in diameter)
- 1 x 125 g tub taramasalata
- 1 large cucumber, shaved into long ribbons and pips discarded
- About 120 g fresh bean sprouts
- Fresh mint leaves
- Butter lettuce leaves, for serving (optional)
- Ponzu sauce, for dipping (optional)
Working one or two at a time, dip the ricepaper rounds into warm water for a few seconds. Place on paper towel for 30 seconds or until softened.
Spread thinly with taramasalata. Place 2 or 3 ribbons of cucumber, a small heap of sprouts and a few mint leaves in the centre. Fold about a third over to cover the filling, then fold in both sides.
Roll up to form an envelope and slice in half. Serve immediately, wrapped in lettuce leaves and dipped in ponzu sauce, if desired, or refrigerate until ready to serve.
These healthy wraps offer lovely fresh cucumber, mint and crisp sprouts with a tang of taramasalata.