- 3 T olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 240 g Woolworths sundried tomato quarters, brine included
- 20 g Italian parsley, finely chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 fresh tomatoes, cubed
- 500 g rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 250 g ricotta or feta
- lemon juice, for serving
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the garlic and sundried tomatoes and their brine. Cook for 5–10 minutes, mashing the tomatoes using a potato masher so that they break up a bit.
2. Remove from the heat, then add the parsley and seasoning.
3. Add the fresh tomatoes to the pan, then toss the pasta and ricotta through the crushed tomatoes and serve with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Cook's note: This easy weekday pasta salad can be changed up to use feta instead of ricotta, penne instead of rigatoni, and can be served warm or cold. It’s a great side to braaied wors.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistants: Bianca Strydom and Keletso Motau