- 1and 1/2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 2 teaspoons Woolworths Baking Powder
- 1/2 a cup White Castor Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Freshly Ground Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Freshly Ground Ginger Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Bicarbonate of Soda
- 1 cup Woolworths Chopped Dates
- Large Sweet Red Apple(Grated)
- Large Carrot (grated)
- 1/2 cup Woolworths Sunflower and Sesame Seed Mix
- 2 Woolworths Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Woolworths Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Fresh Milk
- 1/2 a cup Woolworths Sunflower Seed Oil
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Fresh Butter
- Woolworths Medium Baking Paper Cases
- Woolworths Icing Powdered Sugar (Optional)
Sift and mix all the dry ingredients in a large deep bowl, excluding the sugar.
Beat the eggs and sugar together until emulsified and increased in volume. Add the rest of the wet ingredients including the oil, milk, melted butter (cooled), and vanilla extract.
Lightly mix the grated apple, carrot, dates, and sunflower & sesame seed mix together, and add to the above wet ingredients mixture.
Now add a little bit of the dry ingredients flour mixture at a time, until fully incorporated.
(Cook's note: Once all the ingredients are combined together stop mixing.)
Line a muffin tray with medium-sized paper muffin cases and fill 3/4 way up.
(Cook's note: This recipe yields approximately 18 medium sized muffins)
Sprinkle sesame& sunflower seeds on top.
Tap tray lightly to release any air bubbles before placing in the oven.
Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees celsius for approximately 25-30 minutes.
Optional: Dust lightly with powdered sugar
Serve: On its own or with added butter.
Great for a delicious lunch box treat or in-between snack.
(Cook's note: These muffins freeze well up to approximately 30 days)