- 4 cobs sweetcorn, boiled
- 135 g baby corn
- 1 x 340 g can sweetcorn in brine, drained
- 150 g cake flour
- 1 t Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 t vegetable seasoning
- 10 g fresh coriander, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large free-range eggs
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 100 g popcorn, popped
- rosemary a few sprigs, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1 x 60 g punnet Woolworths petite herbs
- For the dressing, blend:
- 1 x 420 g can cream-style sweet corn
- 60 g cottage cheese
- 5 g fresh thyme
- 1 T honey
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Heat a dry griddle pan and grill the boiled corn and baby corn until it develops a good char, about 4 minutes on each side. Cut the kernels off the cob. Set aside until ready to use.
2. Place the canned sweetcorn kernels, flour, paprika, veg seasoning, coriander, garlic and eggs in a bowl and mix until well combined. Heat the vegetable oil over a medium to high heat and fry tablespoonfuls of the fritter mixture in batches. Season the popcorn with the rosemary and salt.
3. Combine the grilled baby corn with the braaied corn kernels and toss with the fritters. Top with the rosemary salt, popcorn and drizzle over the dressing. Scatter with the herbs.
Cook's note: The great thing about this salad is that it’s so adaptable. A real celebration of corn.
Photographs: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana