- 1 x 600 g rib-eye steak
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, sliced into wedges
- For the spice mix, combine:
- 25 g peanuts, roasted and ground
- 40 g ground ginger
- 2 T cayenne pepper
- 4 T paprika
- 2 T onion powder
- 2 T garlic powder
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Thinly slice the steak against the grain, then skewer onto kebab sticks.
2. Sprinkle the skewers with the spice mix, making sure the meat is well coated, then drizzle with olive oil. Cook the skewers over hot coals for 2 minutes on each side.
3. Serve with the red onion and remaining spice mix. This is also delicious served with pickled habanero peppers.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Food assistant: Emma Nkunzana