- 5 free-range eggs
- 200 g Woolworths organic brown sugar
- 400 g Woolworths Beauregard sweet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 420 g almond flour
- 1 t ground ginger
- 1 t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground nutmeg
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t baking powder
- 40 g Thompsons seedless raisins
- 40 g desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup avocado (or canola) oil
- Microgreens, to garnish
- For the date “butter”, blend:
- 16 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- A pinch salt
Preheat the oven to 160°C and grease a 15 cm cake tin. 2 Whisk the eggs and sugar for 5 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
Place the sweet potato, vanilla, almond flour, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, baking powder, raisins, coconut and oil into a large bowl and mix.
Fold in the egg mixture in 2 batches. Pour 2 cups batter into the cake tin and bake for 25 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. Cool on a wire rack.
To assemble the cake, spread each layer with date butter and ice the top with the remaining butter.
Garnish with microgreens.