- 1x500 g bag Woolworths ready to cook sweet potato, steamed, drained and cooled
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 1–2 oranges, zested
- 3–4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 10 g chives, finely chopped
- 10 g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 60 g flour
- 1 heaped t baking powder
- a pinch salt
- butter and olive oil, for frying
- For the spicy peanut dipping sauce:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 x 80 g sachet Woolworths red Thai curry paste
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1–2 T smooth peanut butter
- 1–2 T fish or soya sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 T coconut or palm sugar
1. Mash the cooled, steamed sweet potato with a fork. Add the beaten eggs and mix. Fold in the orange zest, spring onion, chives and coriander. Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Melt a little butter in a pan and add a little oil. When it starts sizzling, drop in heaped teaspoonfuls of batter, making sure that they are well spaced apart. Fry on both sides until lightly browned. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
3. To make the peanut sauce, fry the curry paste in the olive oil for a few minutes until fragrant. Whisk in the coconut milk and reduce slightly before removing from the heat. Whisk in the remaining ingredients and serve with the warm fritters.