- 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
- 1 avocado
- 2 oranges
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T mild wholegrain mustard
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Shallots or spring onions
- 2 T spring onions, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Rub the sweet potatoes with a little olive oil and bake until the flesh is soft (this should take 30 to 40 minutes).
Peel and slice the avocado and one of the oranges.
Squeeze the juice from the remaining orange to make 1 T. Whisk with the lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper until combined.
Add the olive oil, a little at a time, to make a vinaigrette. Stir in the shallots or spring onions. (The vinaigrette can be made in a jiffy in a food processor.)
Arrange the potatoes, avocado and orange on a platter and pour over some of the vinaigrette. Serve with extra dressing on the side.