- 2–3 Woolworths large Kara orange sweet potatoes
- 140 g flour
- 2 T olive or coconut oil
- 400 g Woolworths mini chicken fillets
- 2 t Woolworths fajita or enchilada spice
- butter, for frying
- sour cream, for serving
- Woolworths exotic tomatoes, sliced, for serving
- fresh coriander, for serving
- 1 x 200 g tub Woolworths freshly smashed avocado
- For the quick pickled onion, massage together:
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 lime or lemon, juiced
- a pinch of sea salt
1. Bake the sweet potatoes at 100°C for 1 hour 15 minutes until the skins are crackly and dark but the insides are sweet and smooth. You could also cook them faster at a higher heat or in the microwave until tender to avoid lumps.
2. Remove the skins and weigh out 150 g of the flesh. Working with warm sweet potato ensures the dough will come together easily, be more pliable, soft and easier to roll out. It also ensures the dough won’t dry out.
3. Mix the sweet potato flesh with the flour to make a dough, dusting more flour on your hands if necessary to make a soft silky dough. Cut into 4 equal pieces. Shape into balls and roll out on a floured surface to a thickness of ½ cm.
4. Pan-fry the wraps in the oil in a hot pan until the surface starts to bubble and slightly catches on the pan. Stack the cooked wraps on a plate under a clean dish towel to keep them soft and warm.
5. Pan-fry the chicken until golden and just cooked, adding the fajita or enchilada spice and butter to coat the chicken.
6. Serve the chicken in the wraps with the sour cream, sliced tomatoes, coriander and smashed avocado with the quick-pickled onion.