- 1 and 1/2 cups Woolworths Cake Wheat Flour
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 cup Woolworths Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 cup Butter with fresh cream (Melted)
- 2 cobs Woolworths Fresh Whole Sweetcorn (Grated)
- 1 cup Woolworths Sweetmilk Cheese (Grated)
- 1 punnet 20 grams Woolworths Fresh Chives (finely chopped)
- 1 cup 250 ml Fresh Milk or Cream
- 3 Woolworths Free Range Eggs
Sift together all the dry ingredients, including flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, sugar, and black pepper.
Lightly beat the eggs, and mix the rest of the wet ingredients, including milk, sunflower oil, melted butter (slightly cooled), together.
Mix the finely chopped chives, grated sweetcorn and sweet milk cheese together.
Add the chives, cheese and corn mixture, to the rest of the wet ingredients and very gently mix together. Now slowly add the dry ingredients to that mixture a little at a time until fully incorporated. Use a wooden spoon mixing very lightly and gently . Line a loaf tin with parchment paper or a muffin tray and fill 3/4 way up. Gently tap the tray onto a hard surface to release any air bubbles before putting into the oven.
Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Bake cornbread at 180 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes, until fully cooked and a palatable golden brown in colour.
SERVE: Serve warm on its own or with added cheese and butter.
A moreish tea-time treat!