- 2 Free-range thick venison burger patties
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 T cranberry sauce
- 2 gluten-free hamburger rolls, lightly toasted
- 4 T double cream plain yoghurt
- 1 beetroot, peeled and finely grated
- Cucumber ribbons, to serve
- 1 avocado, sliced, to serve
- Pickled red onion, to serve
- Watercress, to serve
- Sweet potato fries, to serve
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry the venison patties for a minute, or until golden. Flip the patties and pour over cranberry sauce. Cook until sticky and well-coated. Remove from the pan.
2. In a small bowl, combine the yoghurt and grated beetroot.
3. Assemble the burger with a dollop of beetroot raita, cucumber ribbons, cranberry-glazed burger patty, sliced avocado, watercress, pickled red onions and season.
4. Top with the burger bun and serve with a side of sweet potato fries.