- 1 kg Woolworths exotic tomatoes
- 1/2 medium-sized ripe watermelon
- 1 red chilli, roughly chopped
- 2 pomegranates, seeded
- 35 g microleaf salad, to garnish
- 10 g edible flowers, to garnish
- For the dressing:
- 200 g ripe Rosa tomatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 t honey
- salt, to taste
Slice or cut the tomatoes into wedges, depending on their size. Place in a large salad bowl. Cut the flesh of the watermelon into large chunks and add to the dish along with the red chilli.
Scatter over the pomegranate rubies and garnish with the microleaf salad and edible flowers. Drizzle over the dressing before serving.
To make the tomato seed dressing, squeeze the juice and seeds of the tomatoes into a mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey and salt and whisk.
This recipe graced the January / February 2013 issue, one of the TASTE's best-selling issues ever!