- 1 T vegetable oil
- 90 ml Woolworths Thai red curry paste
- 400 g beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 cup baby marrow, sliced
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 T sugar or honey
- Jasmine rice, steamed, to serve
- fresh lime, to serve
- fresh basil leaves, to serve
- fresh chilli, to serve (optional)
1. Add oil and half a jar of Woolworths Thai red curry paste to a large frying pan or shallow pot or wok. Turn the heat to medium-low and bring the ingredients to a gentle simmer.
2. Add beef sirloin and sauté until cooked to your preference. Add coconut milk and bring to a gentle simmer. Add baby marrow rounds and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
3. If desired, season to taste with fish sauce and sugar or honey.
4. To serve, divide between 4 bowls of steamed jasmine rice and garnish with fresh lime and basil. For an extra kick of heat, add freshly chopped red chilli.
Photography: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Recipes and Production: Hannah Lewry
Food assistant: Lerato Motau
Whether you want to expand your repertoire or just add a touch of umami, you’ll find what you need when you shop Woolworths' new range of Asian-inspired sauces, condiments, pickles and pantry basics. Now you can enjoy your favourites, from teriyaki and pad Thai to sushi and ramen without shelling out for takeaways – or travel.