- 1 x 400 ml coconut milk, can
- 1 x 80 g Thai green curry paste sachet
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemongrass heart, smashed
- 275 g Ready-to-Wok Bulk Julienne or Ready-to-Wok Stir-Fry Vegetable
- 1 T palm sugar
- 3 T fish sauce
- 1-2 T lemon juice
- 300 g prepared and cooked seafood mix
- 400 g pad Thai noodles, cooked according to package instructions
Skim the thick cream from the top of the coconut milk and heat it in a saucepan. Stir in the curry paste until fragrant, then add the milk and stir until smooth.
Add the stock and lemongrass and bring to a simmer. Add the vegetables and cook for 4 minutes.
Stir in the palm sugar, fish sauce and lemon juice, then add the seafood and heat through. Check the sweet-sour balance, adding more sugar or lemon juice if necessary. Serve over the hot, cooked pad Thai noodles.
Cook’s notes: Add a handful of Thai basil and use fresh lime juice instead of lemon juice. Pass around chopped green chilli for those who like it hot.
This is a traditional Thai green curry. The vegetables add colour and texture to the seafood in this dish. If you don't have a pack of Woolworths ready-to-wok greens, simply slice your choice of white cabbage, spinach, carrots, red cabbage, red onions, baby marrow, red peppers and/or tenderstem broccoli.