- 4 Free-range thick venison burger patties
- 2 T olive oil
- 4 Cheddar cheese slices
- 2 Ultimate burger rolls, lightly toasted
- 2 T Mayo
- Baby gem lettuce, to serve
- Cucumber ribbons, to serve
- 1 ripe heirloom or normal tomato, sliced
- Tempura onion rings, to serve
- Potato wedges, to serve
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry the venison patties for a minute, or until golden. Flip each patty and place a slice of cheese on top; allow to melt while the patty cooks. Remove from the pan.
2. Assemble your burger with a smear of mayo, lettuce, your first burger patty, a slice of tomato, another patty, cucumber ribbons, gerkins (optional) and top with the bun.
3. Serve with a side of onion rings and roasted potato wedges.