What do you get when you combine two of South Africa’s sweetest inventions? A whole lot of minty-creamy-caramel magic with a shot of the good stuff, that’s what!
- ½ cup mint-flavoured ice cream
- 4 T whisky
- ½ cup Woolies' soft-scoop vanilla ice cream
- Woolworths caramel sauce, to serve
- mint-flavoured ice cream, to serve
- grated Peppermint Crisp, to serve
Blend mint-flavoured ice cream with 2 T whisky and a splash of milk until soft. Do the same with Woolies' soft-scoop vanilla ice cream. Add the spiked ice cream to the glass in alternating layers, with a swirl of Woolworths caramel sauce between each layer. Top with a final scoop of mint-flavoured ice cream, a dusting of grated Peppermint Crisp and enjoy!
Photograph: Sadiqah Assur-Ismail
Production: Bianca Strydom
Food assistant: Ellah Maepa