- For the cake:
- 2 x 650 g Woolworths Easy to Bake chocolate cake mix boxes
- 2 large free-range eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ¾ cup milk, plus 1 T
- 1 cup hot water
- For the ganache:
- 2 cups Woolworths pouring cream
- 200 g dark chocolate , broken into pieces
- Nutella, for sandwiching
- 1 x 4 pack Woolworths cocoa meringues, crushed
- 1 Woolworths chocolate Easter bunny
1. Prepare the cake according to package instructions. You will need 2 cakes. We made 18 cm cakes but 18–22 cm cake tins will work.
2. While the cake is cooling, make the ganache. Heat the cream to a scalding point, then pour it over the chocolate. Allow to stand for 1 minute, then stir from the centre of the bowl until it looks like a thick chocolate sauce.
3. Sandwich the cakes together using the Nutella. Place the bunny on top of the cake in the centre. Wrap a piece of acetate around the cake creating a tube. Fill the space created by the acetate with the ganache, then top with the meringues.
4. When you’re ready to serve, pull the acetate up and off of the cake to create a tsunami effect.
Photograph: Andrea Van Der Spuy