- 2 packets Woolworths cream soda jelly
- 1½ cups Woolworths Ayrshire whipping cream
- 2 x 360 g cans Nestlé Caramel Treat
- 2 x 200 g packets Bakers Tennis biscuits
- 2 x 150 g slabs Nestlé Peppermint Crisp, roughly broken into chunk
1. Prepare the jelly according to package instructions. Pour into a large triffle bowl and chill to set for a few hours. Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Use an electric stand-mixer for about 3 minutes on a medium speed and then speed it up for the last minute. In a separate bowl, beat the Caramel Treat using a fork to loosen and ensure a smooth texture.
2. Gently fold the caramel into the whipped cream, then add most of the chocolate pieces (set aside a cupful for decoration).
3. Make a single layer of whole Tennis biscuits on top of the jelly and around the sides of the bowl. Top with layers of the caramel mixture, then add another layer of Tennis biscuits and repeat until the bowl is full.
4. Sprinkle the remaining Peppermint Crisp over the top. Cover with tin foil and chill for at least 7 hours before serving.
5. If you have any filling left, layer with more Tennis biscuits in a small, shallow tray to make a quick peppermint tart. Chill for a treat in case you can’t wait for the trifle.
Cook's note: In honour of Siya, and his fellow bokke, ahead of the 2019 Rugby World Cup, we’ve invented a new kind of Peppermint Crisp pudding – an extra green-and-gold version, with a base of bright green jelly.