This (slightly crazy) invention by TASTE’s cocktail expert Jeanne Calitz is not so much a cocktail as it is a boozy, liquid dessert. But you’re going to love it no matter what we call it!
- 4 T decaffeinated black filter coffee or espresso, chilled
- 2 T vodka
- 2 T Tia Maria coffee liqueur
- ice, for mixing
- 2 T Baileys Irish cream
- 1 t lightly whipped cream
- cocoa powder, for serving
- Boudoir biscuit, for serving
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine chilled decaffeinated black filter coffee or espresso with vodka, Tia Maria coffee liqueur and ice. Shake vigorously, then pour into a short highball or martini glass.
2. Slowly pour Baileys Irish cream over an upturned teaspoon held low over the glass. It will form a layer at the bottom of the glass because of the density of the liquid. Top the drink with lightly whipped cream and a dusting of cocoa powder. Serve with a Boudoir biscuit.
Photograph: Jan Ras
Production: Bianca Strydom
Food Assistant: Marcelle De Wet