- For the rosemary pastry:
- 300 g flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 2 T fresh rosemary, chopped
- 225 g cold butter, cubed
- 4 T cold water
- For the filling:
- 1 x 125 g tub Woolworths fresh basil pesto
- 350 g baby marrow, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 large spring onions, sliced
- 400 g baby spinach, chopped
- 200 g Swiss chard, stalks removed and finely shredded
- 2 T olive oil
- 200 g feta, crumbled
- lemon juice a squeeze
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cream or milk, for brushing
- celery curls, for serving
- purple radish sprouts, for serving
1. To make the pastry, mix the flour, salt, rosemary and butter. Gradually add the water and mix until a dough forms. Roll into a ball, wrap in clingwrap and chill for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out the pastry to a thickness of 1⁄2 cm between two sheets of baking paper. Spread 60 g basil pesto in the centre of the pastry, leaving a 5 cm border and chill until required.
3. To make the filling, place the grated baby marrow in a sieve and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to drain while you prepare the rest of the filling.
4. Fry the garlic, spring onions, spinach and chard in the olive oil until wilted, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. Squeeze out any excess water from the baby marrow, then mix with the spinach mixture, feta and lemon juice. Spread over the pesto on the pastry.
6. Tuck in the edges of the tart so that it covers the edge of the filling by rotating the tart and pinching the pastry. Brushed the exposed pastry with cream or milk.
7. Bake the galette on a preheated, lined baking tray for 45–55 minutes, or until the pastry is golden. Serve with the remaining pesto, celery curls and radish sprouts.